- This event has passed.
Introduction to Commercial Voiceover with Steve Reisberg
October 3, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT$229.00
Commercial VO is the most common genre when entering the voiceover industry. It’s the genre that all agents want to see in your portfolio in order to sign you. It’s the genre that can bring great campaigns with repeat spots, usage, and opportunities to become SAG-AFTRA eligible. While Commercial may be the most common genre, it’s also one of the trickiest to master. Knowing your voice, how to interpret copy, identify subtext, and make creative choices that book you the job is an art form all on its own.
Join renowned LA Booth Director, Steve Reisberg, as he guides you through these subjects and more!
In this 2-day class, you’ll learn:
- Exactly what a Commercial read is and how it differs from other forms of VO
- What “conversational” or “non-announcery” reads really are and how to perform them
- The difference between Commercial & Announcer VO
- How to perform Announcer reads
- Commercial Character reads and dialogue
- To identify the product and its audience
- How different types of products are sold to a variety of audiences
PLUS!! You’ll get dedicated time performing scripts and receiving direct coaching and direction from Steve!
Join GVAA and Steve Reisberg for this complete introduction to Commercial VO and start your journey to booking the job!
When: 2 Weeks -Thursdays, October 3rd & 10th 2019
Duration: 2 Hours (5 pm – 7 pm PT / 8 pm – 10 pm ET)
Format: Zoom Video Conference – Classes recorded and made available for review
Maximum Participants: 8
Investment: $229 (10% discount with GVAA VO Gold Membership)