- This event has passed.
VO Home Studio Basics with Sean Daeley
November 19, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PST$39.00
You’ve got some performance training under your belt, but in order to get your voice out there, you need to be able to record and edit your own auditions and projects!
Recording technology may seem intimidating, but the equipment needs of the modern voice talent are actually simpler, more accessible, and more affordable than you might think!
In this info-packed industry overview, you’ll learn:
- The #1 factor that will determine the quality of your audio
- The importance of acoustics: Sound treatment vs. Soundproofing
- Types of Microphones – USB, XLR, Dynamic, Condenser, Shotgun: What’s the difference and why it matters
- Other Essential Equipment and Accessories
- Mic Technique and Best Practices
- Portable and affordable recording options, and equipment recommendations for all budgets!
- PLUS a 30-min live Q&A to answer YOUR Home Studio questions!
Join Sean and get as comfortable in your home studio as you are in your home!
When: Friday, November 19th, 2021 (5:00pm – 6:30pm PT / 8:00pm – 9:30pm ET)
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Format: Zoom: Recorded and Sent To All Purchasers
Maximum Participants: 100
Sean is a Seattle-based voice talent with over 7 years of experience creating voiceovers for Commercials, Corporate Narrations, Audiobooks, Guided Tours, eLearning modules, and video games. With a youthful voice tinged with wisdom, he is frequently cast as teachers, doctors, and executives, and even the occasional prince! With his Educational and Performance backgrounds, he marries his love of the written word with an honest desire to connect with his audience, through effective communication and impactful performances.
This experience has also proven invaluable in his work as the Manager of the Global voice acting Academy’s Membership Program, where he helps GVAA’s members receive the resources and support they need to reach their own voiceover goals!
**DISCLAIMER** GVAA partners with Casting Directors, Coaches, and Agents strictly for the purpose of educating voice actors. Participation does not guarantee representation or work.