Audacity is one of the best pieces of software for voiceover because it’s free, works with Mac and PC, and is straightforward to use. Remember, even if you’re the best voice actor for a job, you might not be hired if your recordings don’t meet industry standards.
Equally important as getting a clean recording is knowing how to properly edit your voiceovers. Amateurish editing is a big red flag for a lot of potential clients, regardless of how fitting your voice may be for their project.
In this 2 hr webinar, GVAA’s Home Studio coach Jonah Rosenthal teaches you how to:
- Drastically improve your workflow, so that you can cut your editing time in half
- Configure your software by creating usable templates
- Eliminate organics (mouth noises such as lip smacks)
- Eliminate clicks, pops, sibilant “s” sounds, and other background noise
- Eliminate certain breath sounds, while knowing which others to keep
- Set your audio levels to an appropriate volume
- Avoid over-processing and keep your voice sounding natural
- Export in different formats (depending on what’s requested by a client)
- Save and organize all your files
- Keep appropriate vocal pacing in your recording, depending on whether it’s for an audition or a booked job
Jonah will make sure that you’re recording and editing with the utmost confidence so that every file you send will exceed your client’s expectations!
Whether you’re completely new to Audacity or just looking for more advanced workflow tips, this webinar is one you won’t want to miss!