AneuRx (Male & Female) – Medical Narration
The AneuRx stent graft system is designed to treat infrarenal abdominal aortic or aorto-iliac aneurysms using an endovascular approach. When placed within the aneurysm, the AneuRx stent graft provides a permanent, alternative conduit for blood flow within the patient’s vasculature by excluding the aneurysmal sac from blood flow and pressure.
The AneuRx stent graft is constructed from self-expanding nickel-titanium, or “Nitinol,” alloy stent rings and woven polyester graft material.
The Medtronic AneuRx stent graft system includes:
- Modular components that can be configured in vivo to accommodate a wide range of anatomies. Components include bifurcated, iliac, iliac extender cuff and aortic extender cuff stent grafts.
- Radiopaque markers that are embedded in the stent graft proximally and distally to allow visualization under fluoroscopy The Xcelerant delivery system consists of:
- A single use, disposable catheter with an integrated handle to provide controlled deployment.
- A flexible catheter assembly compatible with a 0.035-inch guidewire.
- Runners that reduce friction between the AneuRx stent graft and the graft cover.
- An atraumatic radiopaque tapered tip to facilitate tracking through tortuous vessels.
- A radiopaque marker band at the distal end of the stent graft and a marker on the end of the graft cover to aid in fluoroscopic visualization.