- This event has passed.
Agent Webinar Series: Heather Dame of Atlas Talent
June 14, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT$39.00
Get to know veteran Los Angeles and New York talent agent Heather Dame of Atlas Talent in our Agent Webinar Series!! Learn about her experience with Atlas, how she “agents”, and hear her views on the industry today!
In this webinar, Heather will answer these questions and more!
- What do you look for in the talent you sign?
- What makes your agency unique?
- What is your submission process?
- Do you have a talent cap?
- How much active screening/gatekeeping/negotiation are agents still doing these days?
- Are certain agencies prioritized even though national agents are receiving the same opportunities?
- Do agencies have proprietary/exclusive agreements with companies?
- How do you perceive the “State of the VO industry,” as it is today, from an agent’s perspective? What might it look like 5 years from now?
- How are you responding to the growing challenge that is AI or Synthetic voice recordings?
- What advice would you give to talent pursuing their first agent, or those talent looking to upgrade to a more “exclusive” agent?
- PLUS a live Q&A where Heather will answer your questions!
Join Heather Dame and get an inside look into one of the industry’s top agencies!
When: Tuesday, June 14th, 2022 (5:00pm – 6:30pm PT / 8:00pm – 9:30pm ET)
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Format: Zoom: Recorded and Sent To All Purchasers
Maximum Participants: 100
Heather is currently the SVP of Atlas LA and heads up Atlas’ west coast branch. She was tasked by Atlas to move out to Los Angeles 10 years ago to help develop and start up the new West Coast branch of the company. This included building the foundation of a positive public brand for the company by developing new relationships and engaging clients and buyers in the company philosophy, building new buyer relationships, growing and pitching new areas of business and carefully crafting a successful talent roster to invest in. Heather built Atlas’ Animation department from the ground up, as well as mentored and partnered with other agents in developing the Los Angeles commercial, video game and promo/narration/trailer departments. Ten years and four office expansions later, Atlas LA has 8 full-time Los Angeles employees, four full-time agents and competes with the top LA Voice-over agencies.
Heather heads up the animation department and also works as an agent in the areas of promos, trailers, narrations and video games, in addition to managing the LA staff and office. She is proud to say that many of her past assistants have gone on to have very successful careers in entertainment. She is passionate about Diversity & Inclusion, and over the past few years, has been spearheading an effort to discover and develop underrepresented talent and help them create and sustain long-term careers in Voiceover. She believes in making a difference wherever she can, and conducting business genuinely and always with integrity.