- This event has passed.
Agent Webinar Series: Micaela Hicks of Vox
April 28 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT$39.00
Get to know veteran Los Angeles talent agent Micaela Hicks of Vox in our Agent Webinar Series!! Learn about her journey through SBV, Atlas, and more, to her current role as Animation and Gaming Agent for VOX, and all the wisdom she’s gained on the way!
In this webinar, Micaela will answer these questions and more!
- What do you look for in the talent you sign?
- What makes your agency unique?
- What is your submission process?
- Do you have a talent cap?
- How much active screening/gatekeeping/negotiation are agents still doing these days?
- Are certain agencies prioritized even though national agents are receiving the same opportunities?
- Do agencies have proprietary/exclusive agreements with companies?
- How do you perceive the “State of the VO industry,” as it is today, from an agent’s perspective? What might it look like 5 years from now?
- How are you responding to the growing challenge that is AI or Synthetic voice recordings?
- What advice would you give to talent pursuing their first agent, or those talent looking to upgrade to a more “exclusive” agent?
- PLUS a live Q&A where Micaela will answer your questions!
Join Micaela Hicks and get an inside look into one of the industry’s top agencies!
When: Thursday, April 28th, 2022 (5:00pm – 6:30pm PT / 8:00pm – 9:30pm ET)
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Format: Zoom: Recorded and Sent To All Purchasers
Maximum Participants: 100
Micaela has had the opportunity and privilege of working and building relationships with top industry leaders throughout her career. She began her career as a receptionist at SBV in 2000, became scheduler/booth director within a year, and worked her way up to the animation agent’s assistant.
Her next career move landed her at Solid Talent where she worked on multiple areas of voiceover including; commercial, animation and video games, which she built within the agency from the ground up. She was then offered a position with Atlas Talent, where she worked in Commercial mostly, Political ads, sprinkled with animation, video games, promo and some trailers.
Micaela has built her career by finding and developing actors who are fresh, funny and bring their own unique perspective to each audition and job. She’s worked hard to get to know advertisement firms in Chicago, Minnesota, NY, San Francisco and LA… the list is long. She works tirelessly for her talent and has even traveled to meet buyers in different cities to ensure that she’s the one they call first, and her talent roster gets considered first for new campaigns and projects.