- This event has passed.
Audio Description with Roy Samuelson
August 12, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT$39.00
A sports announcer gives the play-by-play of what’s happening on the field. Audio description narrators read a script of the play-by-play for the visuals of a movie or tv show. Both blind and sighted voice talents contribute to this art form, so blind and low vision audiences can enjoy tv shows and movies on par with sighted audiences. It’s a high wire act to find the nuance of the scene, and the appropriate intentions.
Right now, there are numerous opportunities in this area of VO, but complicating things is the fact that each company hiring for audio description can have their own approach to workflow and compensation.
How does a voice talent navigate all of this? Beyond fair rates, what other variables can affect the work?
Join Roy Samuelson for a spirited webinar about the burgeoning awareness of this VO genre, and how you can be a part of it!
In this webinar, Roy will review:
- The collaborative approach between blind advisors, directors, engineers, and many others
- The wide breadth of approaches companies can take in developing their audio tracks
- The nuances of an audio description performance above and beyond simply reading the lines and actions
- Advocacy and inclusion for blind and low vision performers in this field
- The future of this expanding industry
- PLUS a 30-min live Q&A to answer all your questions!!
Join Roy and find out how to improve both your VO career and entertainment for blind and low vision audiences!
When: Thursday, August 12th, 2021 (5:00pm – 6:30pm PT / 8:00pm – 9:30pm ET)
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Format: Zoom: Recorded and Sent To All Purchasers
Maximum Participants: 100
Roy Samuelson has voiced over 1000 audio description narration tracks for blockbuster films and series (some are listed on the ADNA), and each one has been influenced by blind advisors, directors, engineers, and many others. With the ADNA podcast, and by amplifying advocacy for blind performers, and inclusion of paid professionals in his coaching workouts, Roy showcases his passion and drive for performing this work, with a strong focus on collaboration and inclusion.